Sunday, June 10, 2018

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #388 & Color Challenge #94

Over the past few days, I saw the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #388 pop up on a couple of different blogs I follow, and I went, “I could do that!” The smallness of my craft supply stash is inversely proportional to the excitement I feel when I see a challenge that I could complete with supplies that I already own. In other words, I was ridiculously excited to own a banner die this week.

Pig holding cupcake, fishtail banner with sentiment “everything's better with sprinkles,” three cupcakes

My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #388

Since I’m submitting to the MFT sketch challenge, I went ahead and followed the MFT Color Challenge #94 too — it fits the theme of my images wonderfully. (Cherries aren’t naturally peach, but hey, it looks cute. That’s what counts, right?)

My Favorite Things Color Challenge #94

I covered the icing on the cupcakes with shimmer pen, but glitter is notoriously hard to photograph and that proved true once more.

Close-up of cupcakes to capture glitter.

In addition to entering the MFT challenges, I’m submitting the card to Simon Says Stamp’s Work It Wednesday: the theme this month is summer, and this color palette reminds me of beach-themed decor.


Supplies
Stamps:  My Favorite Things “Hog Heaven” (pig with cupcake, solo cupcake);  Papertrey Ink “Just Desserts Sentiments” (sentiment)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe, Fresh Peach (layered)
Copics:  R000, R20, B00, Y00;  Stampin’ Up Stampin’ Blendabilities: Costal Cabana light, Calypso Coral light
Paper:  Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select White; cheap layering-weight ice blue from stash
Miscellanea:  Scotch Permanent Double-Sided Tape, Papertrey Ink “Double-Ended Banners” die, Pilot Precise V5 in turquoise (sprinkles), Spectrum Noir Sparkle clear


Dimensions
4.25” x 5.5”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.