Monday, July 9, 2018

MFT Summer School: Repetition

I’d seen these two cards on Pinterest recently, so when I was sifting through my supplies to determine what I’d do for the My Favorite Things Summer School challenges, the simple bird silhouettes came to mind as something that would work well for the third challenge, repetition.


I couldn’t decide which color I liked better for the birds, a row of just turquoise or a row of alternating red and blue, so I did both. For dimension, I stacked three die-cuts on the turquoise card, but only two on the red-and-blue card, since the hearts added a tiny third layer.


The hearts on the red and blue birds are partially inspired by a clock that used to hang in my parents’ nursery once upon a time: it had a border of hearts in these exact shades of red and blue, so when I saw the paper colors together, the heart motif immediately sprang to mind. I had already been thinking about die-cutting hearts in the turquoise birds, however, so the design choice isn’t entirely attributable to the clock. The heart die that comes with Lawn Fawn’s “Hedgehugs” mini set is the perfect tiny size for this sort of thing; I’ve used it even more than I have the adorable hedgehogs.

In addition to submitting these cards to the MFT Summer School: Repetition category, I’m linking up to Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday challenge “Red, White, and/or Blue” and their June “Work It Wednesday” challenge.




Supplies
Stamps:  My Favorite Things “Hog Heaven” (sentiment)
Dies:  Papertrey Ink “Spring Woods” (indeterminate finch/sparrow), Lawn Fawn “Hedgehugs” (heart)
Ink:  Memento Gray Flannel
Paper:  Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select White, cheap layering-weight turquoise, dusty blue, and dark red from stash
Miscellanea:  Scotch Permanent Double-Sided Tape, liquid glue

Dimensions
4.25” x 5.5”

1 comment:

  1. Your card is so sweet !!! LOVE your CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.